Baby Stacked Coins

This is the third baby quilt I’ve finished in the last two months.  The recipient won’t be born until the end of December, hopefully, but it’s nice to be ahead of the game.

All the colored coins are left-overs from my QuiltCon submission.  I made each strip 2 1/2″ by 5″ so there wouldn’t be any waste.  For the background I used medium gray Kona.

I stole Jacquie Gering’s quilting idea using the serpentine stitch on my Bernina.  I had some trouble with skipped stitches but when I put in a size 14 needle it went much better.  Even using the walking foot, it was a challenge to keep the “waves” somewhat uniform.  Don’t look too close!

The back and binding fabric is from the A Stitch in Color line by Malka Dubrawsky for Moda.  I really like the modern look of this quilt so I hope it suits this much-anticipated baby boy.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Projects

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s